I’m not a natural when it comes to data or analytics but when I get into it I actually love seeing trends or new role types appear in the market and the prior 12-months showed this. While the continual demand for .NET Developers is a constant there wasn’t a big leap in salaries or contract rates as I thought I would have seen.
Re the Auckland vs. Wellington debate, the gap is minimal if I speak broadly. There are certain roles in Auckland which pay more, such as Lead and Senior Business Analysts but then there are certain roles in Wellington which pay more, such as Front End Developers and iOS / Android Developers.
Below are just some key observations:
– Demand in contract Programme Coordinators / Programme Schedulers was high which saw contract rates rise
– Demand for contract Enterprise BA’s in the last 12-months was high and on average the rate for such a resource sits at the $120 an hour
– Contract rates for Senior Test Analysts increased by 12.5% in the last 12-months
– Contract rates for Senior UX / UI Designers increased by 24% in the last 12-months
– SharePoint Developers across Wgtn / Auck saw themselves getting paid on average 6% higher than the period between 2012 and 2013
– Salaries for Project Managers / Senior Project Managers were flat and we saw no material increase in salaries in this space
– A 14% increase for Front-End Web Developers compared to what they got paid between July 2012 to July 2013
– A strong demand for iOS and Android Developers during this period
– A strong demand for Automation Test Analysts compared to the period between July 2012 to July 2013
For any 920 customers that haven’t already received a copy of our IT Remuneration Guide please feel free to get in touch with your consultant or call 920 Wellington on 04 978 1888 or 920 Auckland on 09 969 2080.Tags: IT Remuneration Guide